It's been one hell of a week so far, but mostly in a good way. The only negative thing that has happened so far is that I had a new washer delivered yesterday and when I got home at night, the first thing I noticed was that it is damaged. The top is broken and now I have to deal with having it replaced. Hate when things like that happen. But I am sure I will get the job done, it's just a pain having to deal with it. Why can't things like that go right in the first place?
Other than that, here's how I am today:
1. Angry (obviously)
Hoping to get the washer incident worked out today, my laundry has been piling up for days and I really, really need fresh towels. haha
How has your week been so far? Hope all is well!
Happy Wednesday xxx
Being positive isn't always easy, but it has never been more important. With social media constantly telling us how we should be, what we should do, how our home is supposed to look, what to eat and so on, LIFE can get overwhelming.
And when life gets overwhelming with things not going the way we'd like them to, we tend to blame ourselves for "failing". We ourselves are the first person we look at when we search for the "problem" or the reason why something didn't pan out the way we had planned it to.
I used to let that get to me. Really get to me. And I let it drag me down. To a dark place I didn't like. It took me some time to figure out that it wasn't always me to blame. It took me years to realize that I wasn't the failure I thought I was back then.
I can now accept that I don't always have to get it all right. That things don't have to be the way I had envisioned them to be. And I can now accept that it isn't necessarily my fault when something doesn't work out.
When that happens nowadays, I acknowledge it, accept it and I MOVE ON! And so can you.
“Believe in yourself.
You are braver than you think,
more talented than you know,
and capable of more than you imagine.”
- Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart
BELIEVE IN YOURSELF AND YOUR CAPABILITY.
Happy Tuesday xxx
Fall is my favorite season. I've said it several times before and I will say it again and again - I just love FALL. There are so many things I love about this time of year. I feel more myself during this time than during the rest of the year. It's like I can finally breathe again and I feel so free. This might sound weird or crazy or weird crazy, but it's just how I feel.
Here a a few things I so love about this season:
1. Lower temps - I am just not someone who loves heat and humidity. And with no AC at work or most of the buildings here in Germany, I so prefer cooler temps. I don't like sweating or having heatwaves during a meeting - I'd rather freeze and wear something cozy and comfortable like a cardigan.
2. Changing colors - I mean is there anything more beautiful than watching nature change! Seeing all the leaves change their color going from a lighter green to a yellow, or from an orange to a red! Whenever I take the pup for a walk I always pause to take it all in. It's just so beautiful and could take thousands of photos!
3. Morning dew and fog - we live in a valley surrounded by hills covered in forest or vineyards and the fog always holds on to it during my morning commute slowly drifting away till noon. It feels comfy to me, seeing the ground covered in fog.
4. Dark evenings - it feels much more cozy inside when it's dark out. I just love snuggling up on the couch with a cup of something warm and my knitting supplies. Throw in a good show or movie on Netflix and there you have the perfect fall evening.
5. A crackling fire in the fireplace - makes it even more comfy, simply wonderful.
6. Fall decorations - Pumpkins, ericas or heathers (however you call them), leaves, berries, orange, red, yellow and brown hues. Decorating for fall is so much fun!
7. Hot beverages - Chai tea, hot chocolate, PSL, coffee, all these make for an even more comfy feeling at home, even at work.
8. Long Walks - the pup feels best during this time of year as well. She loves rolling over in the fallen leaves hearing them crackle underneath her. The heat of the summer isn't good for her joints. Her Arthritis is worst during those months and she needs more meds to be pain free. Now with lower temps and no humidity she feels so much better, needs less medicine and even runs around again. Makes my heart so happy to see her that way!
9. Reading - it's funny but I tend to read way more now than during the rest of the year. Probably has to do with the whole coziness thing. It's so much fun curling up on the sofa with a good book.
10. Fall Fashion - I love, love, love cardigans and scarves, I love wearing layers and I am all for dark red and warm colors. I can finally get out my booties and sneakers and my beloved UGGs (yes, I wear them and they are awesome). And my nail polish suddenly turns into a color palette of dark reds, burgundy, brownish hues, dusky pinks and greys.
Oh the things I love about fall. Or Autumn. However you want to call it - it's just my favorite!
What about you? What is your favorite season? If it's fall as well, what do you love most about it?
Happy Monday xxx
Gosh - life can go crazy ways. Sometimes things start unfolding you hadn't even thought of. Amazing things. Without giving too much away for now as things are still developing, I can say as much as this, I received an AH-MAZING job offer and it might be that good that I will not be able to not accept it. Still evaluating the pros and cons and still a bit baffled. But in a good way. So, yeah, I guess it's safe to say that I am:
1. Super excited.
2. Super happy.
3. Super perplexed.
4. Super undecided (still).
5. Super curious.
It totally came out of the blue and I still need some time to fully understand. I guess I might need to sleep over it and maybe tomorrow I will be able to believe what happened today. Although I am absolutely happy with my current job and most of my colleagues are really great, it is a position I will most likely not be able to grow and develop as I work at a smaller subsidiary of a big company, so unless we move to a bigger city, I will probably be stuck with the job as it is. Unless, well, unless I take the offer. Oh boy, this will be tough.
Isn't it crazy how life sometimes throws good stuff your way and other times it makes you stumble and fall!
Good things happen when you least expect them.
Now, tell me, How Are You Today?
Happy Wednesday xxx
Last weekend was wonderful and busy. It was wonderfully busy. On Friday afternoon we went shopping for a new bed for Leonie. We browsed through several different furniture stores, trying out mattresses only to end up at IKEA once again, where we found the fitting mattress and frame and all shenanigans right away. Of course they didn't have it all on stock. In fact one family snagged the last mattress right in front of us. So I ordered it all online and it will be delivered within a few days. Score!
After that we went for sushi, because shopping makes you so hungry! haha Followed by a trip to the movies to see "Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children" which was really fun. Back at home the mister and I started binge watching The Walking Dead on Netflix - see my couch buddy up there all snuggled up under a blanket. Such a sweetheart.
I finished up my fall decorations in front of our house, now all we have to do is carve the pumpkins. But we like waiting until a few days before Halloween, so they don't get moldy so fast. Otherwise they won't last. Or does anyone have a suggestion on how to make them last longer?
On Sunday we visited a handmade/ craft fair where I scored some yummy yarn and a few other things. I will show you more of that some other time -photos still have to be edited. But believe me when I say that I was in YARN HEAVEN!
How was your last weekend and what fun things did you do?
Happy Tuesday xxx